Friday, June 3, 2011

Mesmerized

Wind, it's not easy to capture by its very nature.
Yesterday on a sunny afternoon, I noticed a field of grasses swaying in the wind on the side of the road. I can't count the number of times I've been mesmerized by this glorious sight, but have shied away from attempting to photograph it. The sheer motion, it's vastness and all the slender pieces seemed like too much to cram into a still frame.
Setting my shutter at 1/320 second, I tried to isolate a single frond at first. While those images were lovely, they didn't reflect my impression nor my experience. So I zoomed out and maintained a shallow depth of field to exaggerate the motion. Then I let it rip...

3 comments:

  1. I memorized this in 5th grade:

    "Who Has Seen the Wind?"

    BY CHRISTINA ROSSETTI, Poet

    Who has seen the wind?
    Neither I nor you:
    But when the leaves hang trembling,
    The wind is passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her *Blogging for Artists" class last week at the E.E.AC. was great! If you do not yet have a blog, you must get one now. Free and easy so go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The class has a charge; creating a blog is free,

    ReplyDelete