Monday, June 13, 2011

Natural

There's nothing like natural light.
On Saturday at my grandson's birthday party, my job was to take care of his new baby brother. Amidst all the ruckus--rock music blaring from gigantic speakers and 20 four year-olds dancing around us--I laid him down on a leather chair near a window to let him stretch out and noticed the beautiful light falling on his face.
Since I was trying to take some photos too (my usual job), I grabbed my camera and attempted to capture him without a flash. Fortunately, Blake is a very mellow fellow so far and stayed still for the 1/10 second exposure required.
It was also lucky that these two balls happened to be right there on the chair coordinating with his outfit and mimicking his cherubic face.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful confluence, seeing, light, luck, props and a cooperative child.

    ReplyDelete