Saturday, January 29, 2011

Keeping On

At the close of this most snowy month as the constant barrage of storms continues to disrupt life here on the East End and throughout the Northeast, this image seems fitting. Determined not to let the weather stop me, I was driving through Hampton Bays on Wednesday just as the morning snowfall was ending and there was a break before yet another foot fell that evening. Crossing the railroad tracks around noon, I noticed that the lights were on at the station at midday. Instead of focusing on the gloominess the sight portended, I decided to focus on the positive, to look at it as perhaps, the light at the end of that tunnel that we are all waiting for...
This posting, my 58th, marks a full year that I have become a blogger casting pictures and words out into cyberspace. I'm pleased that I have been able to stick with it and find images each week that I find interesting enough to provoke some thoughts. Moreover, I want to thank my readers for taking the time to take a look, especially those who send encouraging comments...they have kept me going...

No comments:

Post a Comment