Monday, January 10, 2011

Symmetry

In the midst of back-to-back snow storms, I thought I'd post this image taken last month on a sunny day in Port Jefferson. Before meeting a friend at Star Bucks, I made a beeline for the harbor where the ferry runs back and forth to Bridgeport. Instead of focusing on some aspect of the large boats loaded with cars, I found myself heading to the small beach where I gravitated toward these algae-covered pilings.
Beyond my attraction to the lime green, I often find that symmetry predominates many of my images where the simple law of thirds constitutes the composition. And then there are the surprises--the gold and green sunspots that many photographers try to avoid, but in this case seem to coordinate so well and add interest to the image.

2 comments:

  1. Un-der the board-walk, down by the seee-eeea,
    eeea, eeea, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy the image conjured that wonderful refrain, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete