Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kilts

With the sun shining this morning, I finally set out for the St. Patricks Day parade in Hampton Bays. After a brutal winter, it was refreshing to see the sidewalks and parking lots brimming with activity. Green hats, green hair, green balloons, even green dogs bobbed by. Quickly, I pulled out my camera to capture all that Irish passing by. Visions of men in skirts however, still flashed in my mind's eye.
When the parade started, I set my shutter speed to 1/4 second to blur and therefore, accentuate the motion. Then they appeared, group after group in a range of plaids.
Running ahead, I pointed down toward their feet and the green line dividing the street. Afterwards, I selected the image above from the many I had taken. But I couldn't get one little girl out of my mind--the first of many I had seen dressed for the day. A Mexican girl named Zitlaya who complemented the green more beautifully than any other.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you "saw" the parade two different ways. That cute little observer and the blur of participants-both green to demonstrate the subject matter of St. Patrick's Day-each a very different way of capturing the event.

    ReplyDelete