Friday, March 26, 2010

Kinetic

A few days ago, I took a walk with my daughter and grandson in the Quogue Wildlife Refuge, a wonderful place for children. Almost three, Brody's starting to appreciate the wonder that surrounds him on the East End of Long Island and the freedom it affords those who grow up here.
Rounding the lake, he darted back and forth, jumped up and down---a perpetual ball of energy. Along the way, I photographed signs of spring, pussy willows against the deep blue sky, lime green moss lining the pathway and rose-coloured buds tipping branches. But what impressed me most was a reflection that's probably there all year long.
With the water lapping toward me, I sunk down to my heels, slowed my shutter speed to 1/50 of a second to enhance the ripple effect, and snapped several frames. Here's my favorite reminding me of my grandson's kinetic energy and his lust for life.

1 comment: