Friday, April 27, 2012

Shadow

Sometimes a simple shadow can produce a dramatic image.
I went outside this morning to photograph the forsythia petals I had been looking at out my window for the past week and thinking about how to shoot them--actually to post on my other blog, Recovery Thru My Lens
When I finally got out there with my camera, I looked through the viewfinder (yes, I still use it), saw my shadow and started to move out of the way. Then I envisioned some dynamic images that my friend, Robyn has been posting on her blog, Through the Healing Lens, that she calls Pain Shadow, and stayed put.
Here is the result. When I reviewed the 10 frames taken, I found this one most interesting; how it appears like I'm attached to the tree and how the greatest concentration of petals fall within the outline of my head and arm supporting the camera.
Coincidence or not, you tell me?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice "shadow" capture Meryl. You do look like you are connected to the tree. So excited to have inspired this great work with some of my own shadow images. There is something quite beautiful about images of shadows, I find. They seem to bring more life to the objects surrounding them! Thanks for referring to my blog here - I appreciate:) Robyn Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was tickled when this came together and made those little petals seem so much more important...thank you for the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. That is indeed a dramatic image!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my posts.

    ReplyDelete