Saturday, February 25, 2012

First Impressions

For those of you who've been following this blog for a while, you'll recognize Scissored from my Phantoms series that I posted last summer while exhibiting at Art Sites. For the first time since launching this blog (two years ago this month!), I'm posting the same image a second time. And here's why.
This month I began to help the editor at my local Patch.com curate a new column called First Impressions. If you click on that title, you'll see Scissored featured there as well.
It's a new weekly showcase for artists in the Westhampton-Hampton Bays area where Patch readers can view artwork and post their impressions upon seeing it for the first time. Then, the following week the artist posts what he/she was thinking when the piece was created. So take a look and write a comment. It's a wonderful way to start a dialogue and learn about art!
And we're looking for local artists to participate, so if you're interested or know anyone who is, write to me at meryl@merylspiegel.com or leave your e-mail address below. There's a chance we might expand the column to other Patch editions, so if you live anywhere on the East End of Long Island and would like to contribute, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment