Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cycles

The first step in taking good photographs is becoming your own best scout.
Here's what I call my signature image; the one I have printed on my business card. Taken seven years ago, I have never written about it although I've told the story of how I scouted it out many times.
That week in June, my younger daughter was suffering from stomach pain. After a day or so, we took her to the hospital and they finally diagnosed her with appendicitis. With surgery scheduled for the next morning, we went out for dinner passing this field just after the sun had dipped below the horizon when I witnessed this wonderful sight. Alas...I didn't have a camera with me.
The following evening after a successful operation, I rushed home collected my medium format film camera and returned there at the same time of evening. Standing in the mud in my white sandals, I captured this image now called Water Cycle.
For a poetic rendition of this image, visit Recovery Thru My Lens!

2 comments:

  1. judi.offenberg@gmail.comJune 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

    This is such a beautiful photograph! (water cycle)
    x o judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thanks Judi...it's one of my classics...so happy that you enjoyed...

    ReplyDelete