Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday Buzz

Accidents happen. And sometimes for a reason...
Last week I was in midtown Manhattan taking more photographs for my Phantoms series. At around five just after the sun set, I was walking down Fifth Avenue amidst the crowds, just past the tree in Rockefeller Center. Gazing up at the holiday lights, I spotted a small formation of branches framed against a building that I found interesting.
With my camera set at aperature-priority, I raised it and pressed the shutter. It stayed open for several seconds, far too long with too much shake to render anything discernible, or so I thought. Realizing it was a mistake, I shut off the camera.
When I looked at it later, this is what I found...all the holiday buzz and energy that had been circling around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment