Sunday, March 27, 2011

Repeat

Today on a walk in the park with my grandson, I saw the first forsythia blooming. With my dog in tow too, I hadn't brought my camera on this sunny yet cold day. Returning home, I thought I'd run out again, but once I sat down my energy waned. Fortunately I recalled this image taken in 2007 along a back road in Riverhead.
Displayed on my website as part of my Lines series, I'm still pleased by how the double yellow lines mimic the blooms so beautifully. Sometimes a repeating pattern or color is enough to make an image memorable. Its a simple tip that seems appropriate to share as we wait for spring until the bitter end...

1 comment:

  1. I'm a born and bred LIer who was transplanted to Naples, FL 5 years ago. Blessedly, I do summer on LI every year. But, I'm still "down" here today and away from my family on Easter Sunday and what I hear is the first real spring-like day on LI. I stumbled upon your blog by way of the East End Arts Studio website. First of all, congratulations on your new grandchild! And, secondly, THANK YOU for this gorgeous (and much needed in my LI starved state of mind) photo of forsythia in Riverhead!! NOW I feel as though it's spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete